Everyday we are in the clinical setting a learn a new machine or program that helps to enhance life by either reading urinary retention through the abdomen or by filtering out the "crap" in blood that is causing disease or illness. Technology is amazing in do many ways. Is it very frustrating and seems like it causes more trouble then good when it is no functioning properly...YES! I have also seen how effective technology can be in the classroom setting. I still remember the days that we had overhead projectors and chalk as our main use in the classroom. How did the teachers do it! Now we have computers, cameras, and slide shows to make learning more effective. I also feel that blogging is very effective for student nurses to share our experiences and feelings freely for the entire class to see. I love getting comments because every student has had different experiences and has different opinions on how to solve problems that are very useful for learning. Thank you fellow students for enhancing my learning experience this semester. Also I love reading the fun stories of other student’s clinical experiences! My "love hate relationship with technology" has officially turned into a strong like at this time but I'm not holding my breath!
Happy Holidays everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Blog #9
ReplyDeleteI have to agree with you... computers can be difficult, and usually I don't get along with them very well. However, I've noticed that the computers at clinicals are becoming my friend. They are a great resource, and I believe can help reduce the number of errors made on the nurse's part. (for example, med errors) Also, they have been good for communicating with my nurse; often, I cannot find my nurse to give her updates on my patient, but the nurse always looks at what I've charted, so has an idea of what I've been doing. Usually, she will comment on what she has seen and will make suggestions if something was unclear or undone. By looking at the charts, I can usually find some information that will help me help the patient better.